Monday, April 18, 2011

Ocean Eyes- Owl City

Owl City. (2010). Ocean eyes. [CD]. New York: Universal Republic.
Summary
Owl City is an electronic/synthpop musical project by singer and songwriter Adam Young which began in in 2007. Adam Young started his music career in his parents garage and he has continued working with other famous musicians to create his music.
Ocean Eyes is the band Owl City's third album and was released on iTunes on July 14, 2010. Ocean Eyes has been on the top ten on US album charts, topped U.S electronic album charts, and was on Amazon.com's top ten MP3 charts. Songs from this album were featured on the soundtrack for Tim Burton's movie Alice in Wonderland and on the show 90210. 
Review
I knew quite a few tween bands that girls liked but zero for tween boys. I ended up asking some regular tween boys about their favorite bands, and Owl City was a band 4 out of 5 boys liked. When I listened to their music on iTunes, I was actually secretly rocking out with them. I could actually see myself buying their album! A mix between the Postal Service and the Jonas Brothers, Owl City is an age appropriate, lyrically safe, and catchy band that I would feel comfortable with my tween listening to.
Genre
Music-CD
Interest Level
Tween-Adult
Similar Bands
The Postal Service
The Jonas Brothers
Death Cab for Cutie
Annotation
All kids need a voice to guide their way in this huge world, and Owl City is a great voice for the tween generation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment