Monday, April 18, 2011

A Year Without Rain- Selena Gomez and the Scene

Selena Gomez. (2010). A year without rain. Los Angeles: Hollywood Records. 
Summary
A Year Without Rain, is Selena Gomez and the Scene's second album and was released September 17, 2010. The sound of this album is a mix of pop, electronic, and dance. According to Selena Gomez the majority of the songs were written for her fans and all of them talked about love, freedom, and living in the moment. This album sold 66,000 copies in its first week of release and reached number 4 on the US charts. Critics have labeled this album a growth in the bands development and is more serious lyrically and musically then their first album. This was also the first album that Selena Gomez wrote and produced the songs herself. 
Review
Ugh, guilty pleasure!! I have a tween daughter and I was dreading replacing my indie/hardcore CD's with this cheesy music CD. I have in to my daughters pleas and after I made sure all the windows were up, I let her listen to her CD. To my dismay, I was singing along by the end of the trip! This CD is catchy, safe, and all around fun. It is so sad to have your daughter grow up from Raffi and Hannah Montana, but I do not mind to listening to this. All of the songs are well written, age appropriate, and all around fun to listen to. (I even will admit that I eagerly bought my daughter and I tickets to see Selena Gomez and the Scene at our local fair!)
Genre
Music-CD
Interest Level
Tween-Teen
Similar Artists
Taylor Swift
Miley Cyrus
Justin Beiber
Awards
Teen Choice Award- 2010
MTV Europe Music Award- 2010
People's Choice Award- 2010
Annotation
If a punk rock mom allows this to play in her car, it says something. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment