Saturday, April 30, 2011

Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan


Vaughan, B. (2003). Runaways: pride and joy. New York: Marvel Comics.
Summary
Alex, Karolina, Gert, Chase, Molly and Nico dread having to get together once a year when their parents discuss their "yearly charitable contributions to society". This year, when the parents have their meeting, the tweens decide to sneak in and see what’s so important. Unfortunately, the secret meeting they stumble upon reveals the truth that their parents are all evil super humans and are out to destroy humanity and anyone who gets in their way.
Review
I am a huge fan of anything Marvel! I call it my guilty pleasure. When I saw this series, I knew that it was my duty as a Children's Librarian to purchase them...lol. This is a great series that is easy to follow and a great way to explain the back stories of the superheros we as adults grew up with. The illustrations are awesome and the story time is so cool! My tweens love this series and it is popular with both boys and girls.
Genre
Graphic Novel
Interest Level
9-12 years old/Tweens
Similar Graphic Novels
X-MEN series
The Good Neighbor series
Annotation
What would you do if you parents who you love and admire turned out to be evil villains who wanted to destroy all of humanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment